Pregnancy Back Aches – Tips to Help Reduce the Pain
One of the most common issues for all women during pregnancy is those nagging back aches. It only stands to reason that when you are carrying around an extra 20 pounds in your lower stomach that it is going to have a negative effect on your back. Well here are some tips to help you deal with this problem.
First off, be sure that what you have is an occasional back ache and not a constant pain. This could be a sign of a more serious problem and you will want to let your doctor know about it right away. It could be a kidney infection or even pre-term labor coming on. So it is better to error on the side of caution here.
Tips To Reduce Pregnancy Back Pain
* Use a heating pad when you are at home relaxing. This can really help.
* Avoid any and all heavy lifting. Now is not the time for this and it is also what causes women who are pregnant a lot of issues.
* Get off your feet at regular intervals during the day if you have a job that requires standing all the time.
* Avoid the high heeled shoes and wear sneakers instead. This really helps eliminate the pain and the extra stress on your lower back.
* Exercise and do some stretching for your lower back. This helps build up more strength and flexibility.
* Put a small pillow behind your back when you sit down in chairs. This is even truer if you have an office job where you are constantly sitting down.
These tips should go a long way in reducing the pregnancy back pain, but if they don’t and you find yourself dealing with pain on a frequent basis, call your doctor. They may be able to give you some medicine to help.…